First Hanami

Sunday, April 19, 2015

My "first time list" here in Japan has been rolling longer almost every day, and one of my favorites that I added to it was my first experience of 花見/Hanami (flower/cherry blossom viewing).
Got very excited seeing the first few blooms, the next thing I know, the pink/white petals were all on the ground. wtf.
I went out twice this year. The first weekend was a tad bit early, and the Sakura were on 75% bloom, I guess. But good enough to take photos and camwhore around it!
It's not hard to see why Sakura Season is hugely celebrated in Japan, and to say that cherry blossom is so beautiful, is an understatement and won't even do justice to the actual magic of nature you witness right in front of your own eyes.
#OOTD
The sudden pop of pink out of greens, is something hard not to notice
Just stared to it for a moment, and for a while it eased my troubled mind that has been obsessing lately about the the future and uncertainty.
Everyone was just out and adoring the charm of Sakura.

 It's the Perfect time to make anything you fancy in life like..
having a "me time" and looking for the inner zen
spending the pink-est season with the girl friends
channeling the inner artist and finding inspiration 
picnicking with the family
or simply being with your own kind
***
After the first week, the cherry blossoms continued to flourish up to it's peak. I was super excited to take another weekend for it..

Only to find out.. 
it already started falling out! wtf.
why sooo fast? it was just a matter of days! why not hang on to 100% blossom a little longer? why???
But this furry ball seems to be so chill with it
OMG, I can spend the rest of my life poking this puffy cat! ugh.
so pretty, but gone so soon
I'll see you next year Sakura <3

Related Posts